When Mark originally read this story on Fox News, he knew this is something we would want to support. Childhood cancer has been something close to our hearts ever since Layla Grace put it there about 7 years ago. Just 2 weeks ago we were a sponsor of Cooks Children's Hospital The Blast here in Ft. Worth, so when we read about Bella's goal, we were determined to help her any way we could. So...I reached out to Bella and her momma to see what we could do and we are really excited to announce it today!
Bella has worked really hard over the past few weeks to hand-make hundreds of bracelets for our customers. RuffleButts purchased these bracelets in your honor and will be shipping them to you FREE with your RuffleButts and/or RuggedButts order! Just be sure to use the code BELLASGIFT at checkout on the website to receive your free gift.
Here at RuffleButts, we are all about raising young ladies into confident young women. Bella we are so proud of your efforts and we know our Ruffle-Mommas are too!
Watch this video for more information:
Live here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and want to find out more about The Blast? Click here to learn more:
You can follow us on facebook to learn more about our company and the things that we are most passionate about. You can also visit Peace Love Bracelets on facebook to spread the word and order additional bracelets from Bella.
Thanks for your support!
Well with a post title like this, I could go on forever, but I'll try to keep this short and sweet! It was 10 years ago this month that RuffleButts was officially born. I actually started working on the business in March, but it was April that RuffleButts was officially my 1st born. In the past 10 years, to say I have learned a lot would be a bit of an understatement. Entrepreneurship has been a journey of growth, more than I ever could have imagined. A journey of both personal and professional growth! So, here's my quick summary of 10 lessons I've learned over the years:
1. Be thankful. I have learned that when I live and work with an attitude of gratitude, it makes me happier. When you're young, it feels like everything will be here forever and time goes slow. It will not and it does not. Don't take anything for granted, it can change in an instant.
2. Treat others the way you want to be treated. I have operated from this philosophy from the time I was little, but I find that not enough companies apply it to the world of business. I attempt to treat our customers and our team members the way I would want to be treated and I believe over time, it has helped our business earn their trust.
3. If you are not outside your comfort zone, you are not living up to your full potential. I think this one comes with age and experience. If life or work seems easy, you are not growing. If you are not growing, you are just standing still. For me personally, I am bored when standing still.
4. The things most worth having do not come easily. Marriage, kids, business, friendship. The things most valuable in life are the things that take the most effort and commitment. They are also the things totally worth it.
5. You have to give a lot to get a lot. Applies to everything listed in #4.
6. Perspective is a beautiful thing. If you look at everything through a lens of negativity, that is exactly what you will see. Look for the positive and find happiness. Sometimes you need to allow yourself one day of pity-party and then suck it up and deal with it. No one controls your perspective other than you.
7. If you haven't failed a lot, you likely aren't going to win a lot. If you want it, you have to work for it. I have never met anyone super successful that has not failed. I fail daily and I try again. Quitters never win, simple as that.
8. This business means the world to me, but my priorities are #1 God, #2 Family, #3 Work. #2 and #3 are gifts from #1.
9. I can work my tail off, but I can not do it alone. I am so fortunate to be surrounded daily by kind, caring, compassionate, supportive and hard-working individuals. I absolutely could not do this without them. Although, I am still learning how to ask for help when I need it.
10. Always give more than is expected. To your customers, to your boss, to your family. I have been shocked over the years in business by how many people only deliver the minimum and then cross it off their list. It is easy to stand out, go the extra mile. There is a great quote about that...go the extra mile, it's never crowded. This is so true!
I can not put into words the journey that I have experienced over these past 10 years, but I can say that I am beyond grateful to have experienced it! ~Amber
It's been a little while (too long) since I last posted on the RuffleBlog. While I love sharing our journey, time just gets away from me. I relate it a bit to having kids. I remember the 1st day coming home from the hospital and grandmothers literally stopping me on my out to tell me to cherish every moment, time will fly by. While I appreciated the advice, I couldn't really wrap my mind around the reality. Not only were they so right in that advice, the same warp speed world has trickled over to RuffleButts too. I don't know where the time has gone, but my "baby" is about to turn 10 this year and I have no idea how that happened!
Anyhow, this last week has been a growing up kinda week. You know those weeks with your kiddos where they start Monday as a regular 5 year old, but grow so much in their experiences through the week that they just seem a little older by Friday. Ok, maybe that's just me...anyhow, it's been one of those weeks here at RuffleButts. Our customers have been AMAZING and our company is experiencing awesome growth. We are beyond grateful to the people that are making that possible. With that said, it required an upgrade to our website to make it possible to keep up. We are 100% committed to our customers and their experience shopping with our company, so we were determined to do whatever necessary to make that happen this week. You can watch the video to hear the full story...
So, since starting this blog in 2007 till today, I will continue to share my truth, my journey, and our RuffleButts story. I hope that in some crazy way, my words will benefit or touch your life in some positive way. That was my hope and reason for starting this in the 1st place. I am honored that you take the time to read my words and to follow our company. There is so much to say, but "thank you" says it all. ~Amber