Swipe to the left
7 months ago 135 Views No comments
I'm not sure when exactly it happens, but there is a day post-parenthood that you open your mouth and your mom comes out! The 1st time I noticed it, I giggled to myself and then realized my mom had a few great sayings that I have carried forward into my own parenting. I have compiled a list below, gathered from my mom and the moms of those close to me, in no particular order. Would love to hear your top mom-faves too!
1. Treat others as you want them to treat you. (Not how they treat you, how you want them to treat you...my kids somehow get confused on this one often!)
2. Sharing is caring.
3. Always wear clean underwear (then my mom would elaborate with the "if you get hit by a bus and have to go the hospital, you want to have on clean underwear...I don't think I needed the explanation looking back!)
4. It's less about words and more about actions.
5. You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.
6. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
7. Give more to your community than you take from it.
8. Anything worth having is worth working for.
9. Before making a decision, do the newspaper check...would you be proud to have your decision/action on the front page of tomorrow's newspaper.
10. No matter who comes in and out of your life, always stay true to yourself.
11. Things are much more enjoyable when you have earned them.
12. Drink lots of water and use moisturizer daily.
13. Put the seat down.
14. Be a person that builds others up, not one that tears them down.
15. Always tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, even when they drive you crazy.
16. It's not what you say, but how you say it.
17. Sit up straight.
18. This too shall pass.
19. Smile at people, it's a free gift that goes a very long way.
20. Be kind & have courage (this was borrowed from Cinderella's mom)
21. People who seem the least lovable, need the love the most.
22. Always have your own money.
23. Live life with gratitude.
24. When you feel alone chat with God.
25. Find the positive, it could always be worse.
Visit our Pinterest Board for more fun mom advice.