Swipe to the left
9 months ago 228 Views No comments
I'm not sure when exactly it happens, but there is a day post-parenthood that you open your mouth and your mom comes out! The 1st time I noticed it, I giggled to myself and then realized my mom had a few great sayings that I have carried forward into my own parenting. I have compiled a list below, gathered from my mom and the moms of those close to me, in no particular order. Would love to hear your top mom-faves too!
- Treat others as you want them to treat you. (Not how they treat you, how you want them to treat you...my kids somehow get confused on this one often!)
- Sharing is caring.
- Always wear clean underwear (then my mom would elaborate with the "if you get hit by a bus and have to go the hospital, you want to have on clean underwear...I don't think I needed the explanation looking back!)
- It's less about words and more about actions.
- You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.
- Don't judge a book by it's cover.
- Give more to your community than you take from it.
- Anything worth having is worth working for.
- Before making a decision, do the newspaper check...would you be proud to have your decision/action on the front page of tomorrow's newspaper.
- No matter who comes in and out of your life, always stay true to yourself.
- Things are much more enjoyable when you have earned them.
- Drink lots of water and use moisturizer daily.
- Put the seat down.
- Be a person that builds others up, not one that tears them down.
- Always tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, even when they drive you crazy.
- It's not what you say, but how you say it.
- Sit up straight.
- This too shall pass.
- Smile at people, it's a free gift that goes a very long way.
- Be kind & have courage (this was borrowed from Cinderella's mom)
- People who seem the least lovable, need the love the most.
- Always have your own money.
- Live life with gratitude.
- When you feel alone chat with God.
- Find the positive, it could always be worse.
Visit our Pinterest Board for more fun mom advice.