Back-to-school season is here! If you are anything like us, you are most likely preparing for that first day and the special photos of your little one as they jump back into the swing of things. Use our tips for the perfect first day of school pictures to capture the beginning of their new year! Those fun memories will last a lifetime.
1. Pick the perfect outfit! You will get a more genuine smile if they feel comfortable with their first day of school style. Plan ahead and have them help you pick the look. Let her wear that brand new Southern Tee or something in her favorite shade of pink!
2. Pre-plan the background. Do you have a colorful front door? Looking to snap the perfect shot in the classroom? Make a game plan and stick to it!
3. Test the lighting. Jump out of bed early and see where you'll get the best light. You don't want them squinting into the sun!
4. Add simple props. Grab an apple, stack of pencils, or their favorite book. Some of the cutest back to school photo's we've seen were simple with just a back pack and lunch box!
5. Don't forget to have some fun! Hop in the photo and give them a big smooch, party as you send them off, or give them a big ol' hug. Keeping the atmosphere fun and friendly will result in more amazing snap shots!
Now that you have heard our tips we would love to hear any of yours! Comment below and let us know how you get that perfect shot! Don't forget to tag @RuffleButts in your back to school pictures!
Fall is almost here and has us ready to dive right into those fun fall styles! With the launch of our brand NEW fall collection last week, we decided to share our top trending styles for fall!
1. Denim. We're going denim-crazy this season. With the addition of sweet dresses, fashionable tunics, and ruffled skirts, you are sure to find a great option for your little princess! Pair with colorful leggings or big accessories to complete the look!
2. Plaids. You loved our plaids last year and we noticed! We're back with three new buffalo plaid colors! With so many fun styles, it will be hard to pick your favorite!
3. Emerald. We have so many new color options in this collection! Emerald green continues to be a customer favorite, so its back in new styles and prints! Emerald, plum, and mustard are our top picks of the season!
4. Bold plum prints. Our Garden Harvest styles bring fun florals mixed with the perfect plum color to her closet! Our prints make it easy to mix and match with your favorite solid RuffleButts basics.
5. The Henley. Causal, comfy and stylish in all the right ways. Our boy's long sleeve henley tees are perfect for dressing up or dressing down all season long!
Now that you've seen our top picks for fall fashion we want to know! What are your go-to styles for cooling temperatures?
ry princess deserves a beautiful dress and we've got you covered! RuffleButts Princess Petti Dresses are BACK IN STOCK, so we're sharing an easy guide to the perfect princess style!
All of us here at RuffleButts HQ have a soft spot in our hearts for these ruffled petti dresses. They're specially designed for swirls and twirls and are the perfect start to a princess outfit! Follow the tips below to make the most of this royal style.
1. Accessorize- Yes, we do mean bows or headbands but don't forget about tights and costume jewelry! Help her create her own jewelry box so she has a special place to keep her treasures!
2. Don't underestimate the power of the polish- Nail polish is my go-to for creating a special finishing touch to any princess look. If you want extra winning points opt for a color filled with glitter.
3. It's all about the shoes- We've seen our customers dress up with heels, sparkle with flats, and even rock the sneakers! There is nothing cuter than a princess in converse!
4. Build her a castle- Collect boxes and use them as building blocks. Stack high to give her a Rapunzel tower fit for a queen.
5. Dress her up- We've got a rainbow of colors in our petti dress styles! Make sure she has plenty of options for her day of play. Bonus? They look great at weddings and parties too!
Now that you've seen our tips we want to see yours! Comment below and let us know your little cuties princess style! We'd love for you to share a photo too!