I'm not sure when exactly it happens, but there is a day post-parenthood that you open your mouth and your mom comes out! The 1st time I noticed it, I giggled to myself and then realized my mom had a few great sayings that I have carried forward into my own parenting. I have compiled a list below, gathered from my mom and the moms of those close to me, in no particular order. Would love to hear your top mom-faves too!
- Treat others as you want them to treat you. (Not how they treat you, how you want them to treat you...my kids somehow get confused on this one often!)
- Sharing is caring.
- Always wear clean underwear (then my mom would elaborate with the "if you get hit by a bus and have to go the hospital, you want to have on clean underwear...I don't think I needed the explanation looking back!)
- It's less about words and more about actions.
- You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.
- Don't judge a book by it's cover.
- Give more to your community than you take from it.
- Anything worth having is worth working for.
- Before making a decision, do the newspaper check...would you be proud to have your decision/action on the front page of tomorrow's newspaper.
- No matter who comes in and out of your life, always stay true to yourself.
- Things are much more enjoyable when you have earned them.
- Drink lots of water and use moisturizer daily.
- Put the seat down.
- Be a person that builds others up, not one that tears them down.
- Always tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, even when they drive you crazy.
- It's not what you say, but how you say it.
- Sit up straight.
- This too shall pass.
- Smile at people, it's a free gift that goes a very long way.
- Be kind & have courage (this was borrowed from Cinderella's mom)
- People who seem the least lovable, need the love the most.
- Always have your own money.
- Live life with gratitude.
- When you feel alone chat with God.
- Find the positive, it could always be worse.
Visit our Pinterest Board for more fun mom advice.
No, I have not completely fallen off the face of the planet...just working hard to tread water and keep up here in the office! These last few months have been more insane than usual around the RuffleButts household. Aside from our crazy growth, which I owe completely to our amazingly wonderful and supportive customers, we have also been hard at work planning for our new styles, big announcements, new team members, and on a personal note...an addition to the RuffleButts family due this April! Yes, we are adding to the Schaub clan, Aubrey will soon be a big sister!
Seriously, I don't know how you guys do it! Moms are just super heroes in my book and I don't know how you do it with more than one. I guess I'm soon to find out! For now, I am enjoying my big round belly and feeling those kicks and squirms all day long. We're trying to prepare for the big day, but I'm honestly so busy around here, I am admittedly a little behind in the preparations. A nursery is on my list for this weekend, after having our first little scare and ending up in the hospital for a quick one-day stay last week. Aubrey threw me for a few loops in her first 9 months, but this little one is a bit more anxious. After a lot of fluid and a few contraction halting shots, all is well and back to normal. Now stay put little one, for at least a few more weeks! A name...next on that list! So, stay tuned for more surprises - boy or girl...I can't share all of the fun news in one day ;)
So, that is our big news, our ENORMOUS blessing, and I am honored to share it with you!
I rarely post links to other random items or businesses on our blog, but when I saw this deal, I had to share it with our loyal friends. Before I was prego, I was hanging out with my friend and it was nap time for her little Hannah. We went through the whole putting her in her crib thing and then we walked downstairs. She pulled out this handy video cam thing and we watched as Hannah slowly wore herself to sleep. I knew this was a must-have for me when my time came! So, we put it on our registry not sure if anyone "loved" us enough to buy this pricey luxury, but we were thrilled when it was given to us! I was counting our blessings for our generous friends when I laid in by bed on Aubrey's 2nd night home, hoping that she was sleeping peacefully in the bedroom next door. Of course, as a paranoid new parent, I wanted desperately to go check on her, so it was the biggest relief to turn on the monitor to see my precious little angel. All of the monitors get mixed reviews, but overall we have been very happy with it. So, I was pretty excited when I saw this monitor on today's Buy.com Daily Specials email. I immediately purchased two for Brandon and Amy (the friends I mentioned a few weeks back) and had to share it with you too! Just in case anyone is expecting, this is less than half of what they cost when we received it...
And for our loyal RuffleButt fans, you know we just love giving stuff away! So, this is your first hint for our next crazy deal, announcement to follow soon..